Learning Management Systems (LMS) are software applications that allow teachers or trainers to create their courses, assign them to students or employees, track their progress, and provide regular feedback.
LMSs can also be used to deliver any type of course content, from basic skills training to advanced degree programs. They can also be used to manage online communities and social networking sites.
There are multiple Learning Management Systems available for you to choose from. Let us talk and understand the following two LMSs and see which one is better – Teachable vs Thinkific.
Teachable LMS is a great tool that allows teachers, entrepreneurs, creators, and businesses of all sizes to easily create their course content, manage their courses, track the user progress, communicate with the users through messages, give assignments, grades, and notifications.
- With Teachable LMS, you can build your own custom learning management system (LMS) without having any coding knowledge. You can use the drag-and-drop editor to customize your course pages and add interactive features like quizzes, polls, videos, and more. You can track the sales, gain insights into sold courses, and collect feedback using surveys on a combined dashboard. You don’t require any special skills to use Teachable.
- With Teachable LMS, you can monitor the activity of the users. Course creators can also set up automatic reminders for due dates, send out messages to the users, and can even grade the assignments or modules.
- The users can access their courses from anywhere and at any time using their mobile devices, such as – smartphones, tablets, or laptops. They can view their grades, submit assignments, and interact with other users.
- Teachable is a cloud, SaaS, and Web-based platform that helps entrepreneurs, creators, and small business organizations earn money by sharing what they know through online courses.
- Teachable LMS has a free trial, and there are paid plans also that include additional features like advanced analytics, custom branding, and more.
- Teachable is a well-known LMS (Learning Management System) that has been around for years.
Thinkific is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) that allows users to create courses, manage content, track user progress, and deliver assignments from anywhere and at any time.
- Users can access their courses through mobile devices, such as – smartphones, tablets, and laptops using web browsers with a decent internet connection.
- Thinkific is free to get started, and post that plans begin ranging from $49, $79, and $399. There is Thinkific Plus for larger business entities. There is zero transaction fee for all the plans.
- Thinkific is easy to use as the users can seamlessly include video content, audio content, and downloadable files with the online courses.
- Thinkific comes with great features, is easy to set up, and is easily customizable to match your brand.
- Thinkific has the best support team, which is ready to help you every step of the way.
- Thinkific offers full content, audio, and video hosting that is completely reliable and quick.
- Thinkific supports all types of content files, such as – audio, video, PDF, text, voice-over slide presentation, HTML, and more. It also supports third-party content tools, like – Google Docs, Typeform, etc.
- With the drag and drop course builder on Thinkific, you can easily and quickly import existing content.
- You can create and deliver an unlimited number of courses on Thinkific.
Both platforms are easy to use and allow you to create your courses and lessons. However, Thinkific is much better than Teachable because it has a lot more features than Teachable. You can create quizzes, assignments, videos, and even integrate Google Classroom into your course. You can even manage bulk sales and content on Thinkific.
If you’re looking for a simple LMS, we would recommend Thinkific over Teachable. If you need a more robust LMS, then Teachable might be a good option for you.