Fundamentally, not one human is overlooking how significantly global crises affect how different businesses operate. Over the past few years, we have observed a mighty breakthrough in the teleworking culture.
To the delight of all wage-earners, nowadays, employers object to working from home less and less. Basically, if you successfully deal with your business tasks, it doesn’t matter whether you work from a cozy cafe, an old town park, or in your own kitchen, having your favorite pajamas on. What really matters here is how managers can succeed in effective business process design.
SaaS and Its Benefits
Software as a Service, SaaS for short, is a method of delivering applications that allow data to be accessed through a cloud-based system from any device via the Internet. This technology trend provides remarkable advantages in the modern business environment.
On average, companies utilize around 254 apps, whereas enterprises use approximately 364 apps, as per statistics.
As the current implementation of cloud computing grows, many software providers start to offer SaaS development capabilities that lead to intense business progress. So, let’s first dwell on the most notable benefits this service has.
- Money-saving. In the majority of cases, you are not supposed to pay for installation, maintenance, and upgrades but cover only the costs of the functions you operate;
- Time-saving. You need to neither waste your precious business time on maintenance processes nor wait to upgrade conventional software;
- Flexibility & Compatibility. Cloud-based use provides access from any area and gives an opportunity to change your plan without advance notice whenever you want. So, being a subscriber, you can directly log on to properly functioning services.
Aspects for Your Saas Platform Choice
Numerous elements and features may come to your mind while making your own SaaS product choices. To make your pick easier, take into consideration several principal aspects:
- User-friendly UI. It is essential to master the service interface from the first click and have no doubt about its application;
- Data security. It is highly recommended to use services that allow you to create both admin and user accounts using access control security measures. The latter is usually provided with the lowest level of data access to protect your business information;
- Pricing policy. Check how much your company will cost to use the required features, depending on the number of service users.
- Depending on the industry you’re in, some features will be more important than others. For example, some SaaS offers advanced features like file sharing, screen sharing, and webcam testing, while others are more focused on basic features like text chat and audio calling.
Top Saas for Remote Teams
Here, we have made a brief overview of 5 software services considered by the majority of users as the most popular and respectable form of managing your remote team in terms of their basic options and characteristics.
The service helps you plan, monitor, and manage any type of process your team is engaged in. It has the highest-rated round-the-clock client support. It offers a vast spectrum of functions, including inbox, goals, docs and calendar, reminders, and chats.
ClickUp can easily be integrated with various apps and is mainly resorted to in remote project management processes. The tool is currently used by 100k+ groups and millions of customers all over the globe.
For personal use, the ClickUp Saas tool offers a forever free plan, whereas, for small, medium-sized, and multiple teams, the service is provided for $5-19 per month. Large enterprises can expect to get the most significant set of functions with individually calculated pricing.
Bit.ai is one of the most advanced solutions for remote teams. It allows participants to cooperate and manage all business documents in the same place. It is possible to access and use any type of digital content, interactive documents, and databases and smartly share them. The most conspicuous features of the tool are:
- Interactive content. Bit gives you vast opportunities to integrate rich media and insert dozens of files into your documents;
- Effective cooperation. Many users can operate the same document, suggest edits, and ask questions in real-time;
- Smart sharing. Real-time tracking, password protection, and document expiration will insulate your business information and content from any undesirable sharing.
The tool provides a free plan for small teams, whereas service plans for larger groups start from $8 per month per member.
This service is the best solution for those searching for an all-in-one project-planning software for their remote team. The users can create custom workflows, share documents and files, manage various types of tasks, set deadlines and track time, and comment and chat with one another. The most prominent part of Proofhub, except those involved, of course, is clear, intuitive design, which contributes greatly to the tool’s usability.
Proofhub offers prepaid custom plans starting from $45 per month, providing a freebie trial and a flexible discount system.
Being one of the most respected SaaS tools, Trello is a comprehensible visual project management service. A separate board represents each project under operation, and each task is shown on cards. User-friendly design allows the participants to create tasks, cards, and checklists, attach assets, and add descriptions intuitively and seamlessly.
The most beneficial characteristics of the tool are as follows:
- Smooth drag-and-drop editing;
- Illustrative task representation;
- Personal/collective task assignment;
- A comprehensible system of alerts and notifications.
Operated by more than 1M teams all over the globe, Trello provides a freebie program of 10 team boards. The pricing policy for prepaid plans will, hopefully, not ruin your financial state, as it starts from $5 per month.
Remote teams like Pearl Lemon Group use tools like Trello on a daily basis to streamline their workflow and daily processes. With employees based in different time zones and different countries, tools like these make it easier for remote teams to manage projects efficiently.
This Saas tool is widely known worldwide as a leading video conferencing platform with more than 12 million customers. The platform is resorted to for team meetings, webinars, documents, and file sharing. It comes with a large number of functions and a straightforward interface. Nowadays, Zoom has become the first choice of businesses due to its loyal pricing and feature-packed video options that allow you to host up to 100 participants simultaneously.
Zoom provides several plans both for businesses and individual users. Freebie service is available for all customers, and prepaid packages start from $120 per year.
Taking into account the essential options of SaaS tools that might come in handy to your remote team and the pricing they provide, you will definitely make your best pick without a hitch.