Social Media permits you to build a relationship between your brand and your customers. However, it also allows your lead generation company to efficiently target particular demographic groups so that they are able to view connections between their desires, needs, or problems with the service or product.
So if you’re someone who has found himself in a tussle between choosing LinkedIn vs Instagram for marketing your business, then first and foremost, you should decide your company goals. You must be able to decipher which site would work well for you as well as what your customers desire, and then you can engage them accordingly.
The most important part of effective social media marketing in 2022 and beyond will be selecting the best social media platform for the business. Once you have resolved the kind of business you have, your particular business goals, the type of audience you want to reach, etc., then you will be able to make the right decision.
Answering These Questions Will Help You to Pick the Right Social Media Channel for Marketing Your Business:
- What channels are used by your target audience The most effective and tightest social media strategy is formed by social media demographics. These data-driven insights will make sure that your chosen channels and your strategy facilitate the most important, targeted approach possible that will ultimately boost your chances of conversion. In a nutshell, while picking social media channels, never forget to back up your decisions along with demographic data, instead of being led by recent trends.
- What are the social media strategy goals of your company
- From the B2B perspective, LinkedIn is famous for being the champion when it comes to social media lead generation, be it by joining groups, participating in discussions, or searching with advanced filters.
- One of the most successful methods to extend your reach and raise awareness is by paid promotion. For example, the advertising platform of Facebook has a great reputation in terms of generating outstanding ROI.
- What type of content do you wish to produce
- In case your video content for business marketing is targeted at the younger audience and short-form, then you might wish to opt for Instagram or Snapchat.
- If you wish to share company news, white papers, and industry updates, then it is suggested that you choose professional platforms like SlideShare and LinkedIn.
- For those businesses who desire to establish themselves as trustworthy industry thought leaders, they can publish articles on the publishing platform of LinkedIn that holds the ability to expose the brand to more than 300 million users.
- In case you are the B2C brand and have an interactive product to sell, you may want to consider Pinterest.
- What channels are the competitors using What kind of content do they post? How many shares or likes do the posts gain? How frequently do they post the content? For effective marketing management, you can utilize social listening tools to ascertain which brands in the industry have the largest influence and most thorough reach on the social media network. Keeping a check on competitors and how well the followers engage with their posts, will offer you useful insights which you can replicate to ensure success for your strategy.
- How many channels are manageable by your business It is nearly impossible to only utilize a single channel for marketing management, making it difficult to maintain a balance. Also, you can cross-post content across every channel, or edit these posts for specific platforms. This will make you able to include more channels into the marketing strategy, however, it is important to start small. Once you have found the major social channels which work in your favor, then you can experiment with adding new platforms.
LinkedIn or Instagram – Which One Can Do Wonders for You?
Both Instagram and LinkedIn have their pros and cons, but when it comes to making the final decision, it all comes down to one question – what are your business needs? Needless to say, these social media networks have gained immense popularity among the masses and if you are clear about the kind of results you desire, nothing will stop you from getting what you want.
Pick LinkedIn to Find Success for Your Company
Whether you are a professional who has been working for a very long time, or you’re a newbie looking for a job, there is a high probability that you will have a LinkedIn profile. But do you know how powerful this platform can be when it comes to offering amazing business ideas and taking your business to a new level?
LinkedIn is for and about professionals, whether you need to hire a software development company, Business Strategy Manager, or data scientist, it is obvious that this social media platform is the most suitable one for B2B or business-to-business brands which aim for reaching business decision-makers and professionals.
Pros of using LinkedIn to market your business
- A major feature that makes it the most effective marketing platform is its offered digital advertising opportunities.
- The digital advertisements on LinkedIn might be more costly as compared to Facebook, but it permits B2B brands to reach individuals from particular targeted industries.
- Also, this platform permits you to deliver advertisement content to people whose job is to make buying decisions for the B2B offering of your company.
The fact that 2 professionals join LinkedIn every second is enough to state the importance of this social media platform. To market your business online effectively, this social media platform also provides you with groups that users can join as well as participate in according to their job function, career interests, and industry. It offers an exceptional chance for brands to promote real engagement with decision-makers and influencers across distinctive industries.
Choose Instagram to Attract Millennials
There is a reason why Instagram is the 10th most famous Google query as it is like breathing for the younger generations. If you are between the ages of 18 and 29, there is a high probability that you are obsessed with this photo-sharing site, isn’t it?
Having said this, it comes as no wonder that opting for Instagram to market your business is indeed a wise decision, especially if your target audience is young people.
Pros of using Instagram for marketing:
- You can also get great business ideas by utilizing Instagram as it is all about video and photo content that can help you in building your brand community.
- Hashtags are something that you cannot afford to miss while on Instagram as it is the key to successfully marketing your brand.
- Enjoy impressive visual appeal and customer engagement through this photo-sharing site.
Have a clothing brand, want to expand the market reach of your restaurant, invite more customers to your gym, or wish to promote your make-up brand? Instagram is the right choice as the image-based services and products do well on this social media channel. Never forget that Instagram users are amateur photographers, so do not snap a picture of your latest dessert and then expect it to go viral. It is essential to put energy and money into Instagram images to get far better engagement than otherwise.
In case you are struggling to get content for your Instagram profile to market your business online without hassle, think about creative and unique ways to make your company look awesome. Display fun stuff, such as how innovative and exciting the office is. Take heed to the latest holidays and events, as Instagram is intimately involved in what is trending.
Another fascinating feature that can prove to help market your business is Instagram Stories. Through them, you can take the live video and share it with your followers. You can also offer behind-the-scenes footage of your company as well as share relevant updates and news with them.
Be it Instagram, LinkedIn, or any other social media channel, they are significant tools for businesses that wish to gain online exposure and remain pertinent, not only because they can connect with the next door prospects, but also because they can help you reach out to people across the globe.
The trick to opt for Instagram or LinkedIn for better marketing of your business is about confirming those goals you wish to attain through social media marketing. Irrespective of whether you choose LinkedIn or Instagram, if you are sure that it matches the kind of content you produce, the customer traffic of your business will be enhanced in no time.