Smartphones are becoming increasingly ubiquitous and are the first choice of customers for making purchases or searching for information on products/services. Therefore, whether you are a blogger, an established online business, or an entrepreneur, it is important to have a dedicated app for your audience and prospects.
People prefer surfing the net, obtaining information, watching media, or shopping on their smartphones and mobiles as it is a more convenient and hassle-free experience. The mobile apps can be freely downloaded from Google’s Android Play Store onto any smartphone or mobile device. Unlike websites, a mobile app can keep engaging users with notifications as well.
What is a WordPress Website App
The term website app refers to the simplest variety of Android applications and not native apps. In many ways, WordPress website apps may function in the same way as a mobile responsive web page may do.
However, because it is an app, you get many more features. For instance, mobile apps for websites may have built-in notifications, which is an exclusive feature for the apps. The WordPress website apps have been made popular by content-heavy platforms and news websites including Forbes and BBC, among others. A WordPress page builder also enables your user to:
- Be on the app and the platform for a longer period when compared to the website. It is much easier to switch from one website to another.
- Features including subscriptions or push notifications can be easily accessed by the users and used on the website apps.
- A website app can be a step in the right direction and turn your platform to be more futuristic. Such a move will be always appreciated by your audience and customers.
- Mobile applications always offer better performance when compared to websites, and can load much faster.
- The mobile apps can also be integrated with other features and functionalities of the smartphones (including touch id, camera, and audio among others), and deliver a better user experience.
How to Convert a WordPress Mobile App Website to App
There are many ways in which you may have a mobile app for your business or website.
Hire an Agency: You can choose and hire an App development company for making a native app. The method can be expensive and time-consuming. It may take up to 4 months before you have your final app ready.
Do the Coding Yourself: You can use the online app developing tools available yourself. However, for using the tools, you need to be skilled in app development and have to write the codes yourself.
Use Online App Builders: One of the most inexpensive and fast methods to develop a mobile app for your WordPress website is to use online Builders for app development. The App Builders for the WordPress websites have templates and plugins for converting all kinds of WordPress websites into mobile apps. You do not require any kind of coding skills for using these app builders. These platforms have distinct kinds of layout designs that can match the different content styles.
Steps for Converting a WordPress Website into App
The online app builders, templates, and plugins make it easy for you to make an Android app from your website and save the expenses associated with app development. Also, when you want to convert WordPress website to mobile app you also have some free options available.
You can convert your WordPress website into a mobile app free of cost as well and in no more than a minute! All you need to do is to insert the URL or the link of your website within the space provided in the online free WordPress app builders, and they will do the rest of the job. Below is the step-by-step process of creating a WordPress Android app from a WordPress website.
- Create your account on a free app builder platform and click on the “Create App” button.
- Insert the URL or the link to your website. However, you must ensure that the link or the URL is in a working state. Apart from the homepage URL, you can also use any other web page URL (of your website).
- Add the social accessibility links and buttons including those of Twitter, Facebook, and/or YouTube among others. It will create relevant social tabs on your app. However, you can also skip the step entirely.
- Now you will be required to give a name to your app. You can have an entirely new name for your app or can use the same brand or website name.
- Add the keyword to the name of the app/title so that it can be easily searched for by Android and Google users.
- You will be required to upload and submit your app’s logo as well. If you do not have a logo, you can choose from the default options.
- Now your APK file for the app is ready and can be downloaded. You can publish your new app on Google Play so that it is accessible to all Google users. However, you can also put up your APK code file on any other App Market for Android.
The Benefits of Using the free WordPress App Builders
The free WordPress app builders enable everybody to make an app from a website. There are certain exclusive benefits of using these app builders that come with multiple “ready to use” templates and many other free features.
- Suitable for all kinds of websites that run on WordPress.
- Can create an app in no more than 5 minutes.
- Many of the features are free and do not require any payment.
- Highly intuitive and simple interface and no coding skill requirement for using the app builders.
- Users can get their APK files instantly and share them on Google Play Store.
- Incorporation of the latest features (including push notifications) on mobile apps.
- Monetization program that helps in increasing revenues.
Most of the popular websites and online platforms cover the extra mile and have dedicated online apps as well for their audience and visitors. It helps provide a more engaging and immersive experience to the users when compared to mobile-responsive websites. You can also use the leading App builders to convert your website to a mobile app and reap the benefits involved.