Whether large or small, managing any business requires a lot of effort, commitment, and time. Sometimes, even running a small business can become an expensive endeavor.
5 Best Small Business Software in 2021
The smallest decisions can significantly impact your business, and you would already know that if you have some business management experience. That is why choosing the right software for your business is crucial to increase longevity.
A recent study has shown that an average entrepreneur spends almost 68% of their time tackling daily issues. So, they only use 32% of their time on some productive activity such as strategizing long-term business plans.
We have gone through dozens of software meant for small businesses and handpicked the best five out of them for you.
The Best Software for Small Business
If you have not heard of this software application, do not worry, you are not alone!
Bitrix24 can be described as a collaborative software that includes many features beneficial to small business owners. This application is a productivity solution that offers Customer Relationship Management.
This collaborative software was first released in Russia in the ‘90s, but Bitrix launched its first cloud suite in 2012.
Bitrix24 offers a variety of features that would be beneficial to workers in various departments. This tool is primarily used by the sales and marketing team for generating leads and managing their clients.
- Includes detailed task management metrics
- Offers advanced customer relationship management.
- Effective communication system.
- Allows watching over any transaction among leads from a bird’s eye view.
- Features like CRM dashboards.
- Versatile in nature.
- Can automate a portion of your marketing and sales efforts.
- Too expensive.
- It is available only in one variant that includes all the features.
- Complex User Interface.
Movavi Screen Recorder
Movavi Screen Recording Software is one of the most efficient and lightweight tools that can be useful for your enterprise in many ways.
Most people use this recording tool for screen recording on Mac to capture important meetings, seminars, and any other necessary content.
Various exclusive features like video streaming, video call recording, capturing online content, and creating screencasts make this application one of the best software for small businesses.
If you are not tech-savvy, that does not restrict you from using this screen recorder. It has a very simple and intuitive interface.
Moreover, the Movavi Screen Recorder includes an in-built editor that helps professionals create and edit their content effortlessly.
- The interface is user-friendly and intuitive.
- Can capture anything on your screen, including streaming videos, gameplay, and other applications.
- Has in-built editing tools.
- Customize screen capturing means that this software can capture a specific portion of your screen separately.
- This tool includes various editing features such as effects, filters, transitions, titles, and captions.
- Can capture audio as well from the system or another source.
- Includes a few advanced features such as video stabilization, chroma key for green screen edit, and slow-motion recording.
- This software may crash very rarely if you do not have a basic configuration.
- Invaluable customer support.
- It does not allow you to upload files on YouTube directly.
- Does not include any of the main features in its free variant.
Squarespace certainly has the most attractive design to look at among all the small business software. Their creators have a deep understanding of how to stage a product perfectly.
This blogging tool offers more than a hundred customizable templates that are easy to adapt to mobiles.
The company has introduced a couple of new features in the recent updates of Squarespace, such as versatile templates and pre-built page sections. Moreover, it has improved some of its old features to enhance customer satisfaction.
They have recently included a members area, Squarespace scheduling, and their email marketing tool in the application.
Despite having a versatile editor, this application can take a while for you to get used to it.
Squarespace comes in four separate packages starting from $12 per month to the $40 advanced membership.
- Includes over a hundred themes with customizable templates.
- Offers advanced blogging features.
- Excellent customer support.
- Intuitive mobile application.
- The software has a few usability issues with the website editor.
- Squarespace allows only one sub-navigation.
- Google’s page speed tool has rated its templates very low.
Trello is one of the latest project management solutions that has gained popularity due to its additional benefits.
This modern small business software allows its users to collaborate with colleagues and work on various tasks related to their project without using multiple applications.
Trello is one of the most organized computer programs that helps you to increase productivity by time tracking.
This software is best suited for small business owners, team members, managers, team leaders, and interns.
The best aspect of this business tool is that it is free.
- Its real-time updates help users to work on their projects without any disruptions.
- Trello allows you to easily add a new member by just providing their email address.
- Responsive design optimized for laptops, desktops, and mobiles as well.
- Allows you to create tasks through the Kanban system easily.
- Being an online software, Trello’s functionality relies entirely on the availability of data.
- The application has a few glitches that need to be fixed.
- It has limited storage and allows you to attach files only under 10MB.
- The application is not suitable for a large team or a complex project.
Slack is a communication solution that offers real-time messaging along with features like archive, drafts, share, and search files.
Due to its unique communication system, this application features among the best software for small businesses.
This communication tool is optimized for iOS, Android, and Windows. Moreover, Slack includes data encryption to maintain confidentiality.
- A neat and efficient communication platform.
- Allows you to contact other employees and share documents quickly.
- It has an intuitive design that makes this software easy to learn.
- Allows you to edit delivered messages.
- It does not allow you to create groups or channels.
- Sometimes the messages on Slack can get disorganized and chaotic.
- Too many push notifications and emojis can cause distractions for the employees.
- Instant messaging instead of a face-to-face meeting can make it challenging to have a substantive conversation.
If you own a business or just launched a new startup and are willing to grow it, having good management software is crucial.
We have shortlisted the best small business software for you. All of the products on our list have some exclusive features and help you manage your business more efficiently.
The descriptive list of the best software for small businesses will help you choose the perfect business management tool according to your needs.